Fitness Friendship and Fun
- 50 Meter Heated Outdoor Pool (used 6 months/yr)
- 25 Yard Indoor Pool
- 6 Coached workouts/week (Morning & Evening)
- 2 Week Free Trial for new Members (once per lifetime)
- Nominal drop in rate for local swimmers (Max 3 visits/month)
- Complimentary visits(2) for Out of Town Visitors
- All Swimmers must be registerd with USMS for Insurance purposes. USMS offers a 30-day guest membership (once per lifetime) at no cost.
- Social Activities - Holiday Party, Spring Social, Wye River Swim
- Annual Maryland Masters Meet
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Winter Schedule November - April
Tuesday/Thursday: 6:00-7:30am & 7:45-9:15pm
Summer Schedule May - October
Tuesday/Thursday: 6:00-7:30am & 7:45-9:15pm
Sign-up for RainedOut.net
To receive texts and emails from the coach regarding breaking news, like a practice cancellation due to a power outage, you must sign-up for this free service by clicking here. As part of the registration process, a unique validation code will be sent to your cell phone and/or email. You will then need to return to the website and enter that code to complete your RainedOut.net registration. We recommend that you register both your cell phone and email address. A video tutorial that explains how to sign up can be viewed by clicking here (scroll down on the webpage to see the video). Our coaches will also send emails via our listserv to contact swimmers with urgent information.
2014 Blackout List:
UMBC Retriever Aquatics Ctr
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Take the Catonsville (Rt.166/195) exit. Follow the exit ramp over the bridge and bear right onto the campus. The pool is directly ahead of you at the stop sign.
From the Baltimore Beltway(Rt. 695)
Exit 12, Wilkens Ave West. UMBC is 1/2 mile on the left. Turn into the first entrance by the police station. Take a right at the stop sign at the top of the hill. Go through the next stop light. The pool is at the foot of the high rise building at the bottom of the hill.
New Member Information
We are a USMS program designed to help swimmers improve fitness and train for specific goals. We offer active support for a healthy lifestyle through friendship, and camaraderie. Our team includes members of all ages and skill levels.
- Annual UMBC Membership Fee $700/year or $185/quarter, UMBC Masters Club Registration Packet
- Discounts available for students and military
- USMS Fee $50 - single payment covers team insurance, USMS Registration Link
subscription to USMS Swimmer Magazine and free entry into the LMSC Swim Series
- First Time Swimmers with Masters can use a two week free trial with USMS by completing the following from USMS Free tryout
Calendar of Events
- Summer Party - Suzie's house Saturday June QQQ, 2014 11am open water swim.
- Winter Party - End of the Year Awards Banquet - Meet-nic (Dates TBD)
Comming to UMBC for the First Time
Park in the UMBC Administration parking lot and in the morning walk past the main entrance to the Retriever Athletic Center (RAC), and go down the steps and follow the other swimmers. In the evening enter the RAC through the front door, tell the attendant you are with the Masters and work your way to the locker room. The coach is Erin Matthews.
She will help you select a lane. We offer a gratis two week trial period.
- You really do not need to do anything except to introduce yourself to the coach on deck.
Interested swimmers should contact: Natalie Janiszewski, Team President, at email@example.com
Click here to download our New Swimmer Information Sheet.
Erin began swimming on her neighborhood swim team in South Carolina when she was 7, and she loved it so much she decided to continue swimming year round. When her family moved to the Philadelphia area, she trained at Spirit Swim Club. She took a couple years off from club swimming during high school to get more of a team feeling. This was a great decision and made Erin see that she wanted to swim during college. Being on the team at UMBC for four years was a great experience. As a swimmer for UMBC, Erin had great success in the middle and distance freestyle events. Her two greatest moments while swimming at UMBC were breaking time barriers from ninth grade, going under 5:15 in the 500 free her junior year and then going under 2:00 in the 200 free during the last meet of her career. Erin can see swimming always being a part of her life and is really excited to be coaching two different levels this year (Age Group Yellow and Masters).
Erin is a recent graduate from the University of Baltimore School of Law, and plans to pursue a Master of Laws in Taxation. She graduated from UMBC May '08, majoring in Political Science and American Studies.
Severna Park Community Center Masters Swim Team
The Serverna Park Masters Team is a work out group affiliated with the Maryland Masters Swim Team
Masters Swimming is offered to persons 19 and older who would like to continue to participate in a competitive or adult fitness program
Please contect Head Coach Nancy Brown at (410)255-0699, EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up a brochure at the pool if you are interested in the Masters Swim Team
The Community Center is located at 723 B&A Blvd, Severna Park, MD 21146
M/W/F 5:30-6:45am & 9:45 - 11am